International Triennial of Contemporary Prints of Liège
In order to extend its viewings to the entire world and to better oversee the evolution of printmaking, the International Biennial of Contemporary Prints in Liège will be taking on a triennial pattern. The first edition of the International Triennial of Contemporary Prints of Liège will take place between May 29 and August 16, 2020.
The International Triennial of Contemporary Prints of Liège is organised by the City of Liège, in partnership with the association Les Amis du Cabinet des Estampes et des Dessins. It aims to offer international print artists the opportunity to exhibit their work in a specific gallery space, La Boverie.
This call for applications is intended for artists who work in any kind of printmaking and has no age limit or specific theme.
The Printmaking Triennial exhibition has several objectives. It aims to put a spotlight on printmaking, to give the public an overview of contemporary trends in print imagery and to publicise artists from all over the world in an exceptional museum space.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
• Applications are free, open to all artists and regardless of age.
• All printmaking techniques, whether traditional or experimental, are accepted, regardless the format or the support.
STEP 1: SENDING AN APPLICATION PACKAGE
• The application file consists of:
* An introductory profile with the artist’s details
* A CV
* Between five and ten copies of works on high-quality paper. The works can be from no earlier than 2017.
* Include, on the back of each copy: SURNAME, name, title, technique, sizes and date of creation.
* No original work or file sent via email will be taken into consideration. Application file will not be returned. The organisation does not take any responsibility for loss during delivery.
* The delivery may be completed with any other documents that might interest the selection committee (drafts, catalogues, articles, etc.).
* Should the selection committee feel that it is impossible to make a decision based on the documents received, it may ask the artist to submit the original pieces, which will not be returned.
• Application files must be sent by post to the following address:
Triennale internationale de Gravure contemporaine of Liège
Administration du Musée des Beaux-Arts de Liège
[For the attention of Fanny Moens]
10 Quai de la Batte
Applications are submitted to a selection committee composed of experts. Their decision is final.
STEP 2: VALIDATING REGISTRATION
• In addition to submitting the package, an online registration is required: https://goo.gl/mFf6ib
During December 2019, the artist will be notified by post of the selection committee’s decision regarding participation in the International Triennial of Contemporary Prints exhibition (which will take place between May 29 and August 16, 2020). Unless otherwise specified, the selected artist will send a maximum of between five and seven original prints, which date back no further than 2017 (based on the wishes of the jury). The committee reserves the right to reject a delivery that does not correspond to the package submitted. The organisers reserve the right, according to the availability of spaces, to exhibit only a portion of the delivery.
The prize for the Printmaking Triennial will be €5,000. It will be awarded by an international jury at the beginning of the exhibition.
deadline: October 1, 2019 (the postmark will be used as proof)
more info: https://www.liege.be/fr/vie-communale/services-communaux/culture/actualites/appel-a-candidature-triennale-de-gravure (in French)
TRIENNALE INTERNATIONALE DE GRAVURE CONTEMPORAINE DE LIÈGE (INTERNATIONAl TRIENNIAL OF CONTEMPORARY PRINTS IN LIÈGE)
Administration du Musée des Beaux-Arts de Liège (Administration of the Musée des Beaux-Arts in Liège) + 32 (0)4 221 89 16 – firstname.lastname@example.org